< Back to jobs
Remote Backend Developer (mid/senior)
Worldwide • Dev Team
Deepstash is one of the hottest startups right now. Created by a team of experienced entrepreneurs, Deepstash helps millions of people across the globe to discover life changing ideas. We develop mobile and web apps and work on becoming one of the forces for good in this world.
Our backend consists of a set of APIs that enable data consumption on our web app, mobile devices, browser extension, etc.
What will you be doing?
Based on defined specs, you will work to:
- Develop and maintain a secure API for our web and mobile applications.
- Optimize the API for maximum speed and scalability.
- Implement security and data protection.
- Design and implement data storage solutions.
- Maintain the central databases, ensure high performance, respond to requests from the front end.
- Keep code easy to maintain and make it easy for others to contribute.
- Take initiative in improving the software to address pain points in your own experience as a developer.
- Manage and review code contributed by the rest of the team and work with them to get it ready for production.
- Support and collaborate with our dev team in getting to the bottom of issues and come up with robust solutions.
We are looking for a backend developer with a passion for product and delivery. Your personality and your traits matter as much as your tech expertise:
- You should have a proven track record with Python development (4+ years). Ideally you’ve worked with Django as well.
- The ability to naturally follow good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control, etc.
- You enjoy technical challenges and are eager to explore new technologies.
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Good communicator - this position is fully remote so communication is paramount.
- Be a partner for your colleagues in the dev team: help or lead the planning process, code reviews, commits etc. Provide guidance and help your colleagues when they get stuck.
- You can make your own schedule.
- Remote first: we don’t care when and where you work from.
- Market-level salary
- Stock options package
How to apply
Send us an email at hello [at] deepstash [dot] com. If applicable, please provide links to your LinkedIn, GitHub or Angelist profiles. Attach a CV, if you have one.