- Ice is good fornumbing pain, but avoid it when it’s so cold that frostbite can set in in record time.
- Like the film shows, snow can be used to plug wounds preventing hemorrhage as it induces vasoconstriction. It can still cause frostbite but it might be better than the alternative.
22 people saved this idea
IDEA EXTRACTED FROM:
8 Essential Tips from 'Arctic,' the Best Survival Movie in Years
- Tip 8: Use Snow For Various Medical Purposes
- Tip 7: Don’t Let Your Water Bottle Freeze, If You Can Help It
- Tip 6: Don’t Eat Snow, If Possible
- Tip 5: Build An Effective Snow Shelter
- Tip 4: Ice Fish Efficiently
- Tip 3: In An Arctic Landscape, Get To Sea Ice
- Tip 2: Visually Signaling For Help
- Tip 1: Signal For Help With A Radio
- The Movie “Arctic”