MORE IDEAS FROM 5 Unconventional Ways to Become a Better Writer
“Research shows that people who follow strategy B [read ten pages at once, then close the book and write a one page summary] remember 50 percent more material over the long term than people who follow strategy A [read ten pages four times in a row and try to memorize them].”
More writing and reading are the two recommended ways to improve.
By Skipping irrelevant information while reading, we're
“ If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write.”
“writing doesn't just communicate ideas; it generates them.”
It is important to understand the basic structure and content of the text you are reading.
You can become a better writer by simply becoming more aware of your surroundings.
Writing is mostly strategy. And a big part of writing strategy lies in listening.
1. Actually write
2. Watch out for repetition (and annihilate it)
3. Weed out clichés
4. Aim for clean, filler-free prose
5. Read... a lot! In a wide range of genre
6. Read again, with a pencil in hand
7. Choose personal over formulaic
8. Experiment to keep your style fresh
9. Sharpen your opening and ending
10. Never forget the big picture
❤️ Brainstash Inc.