Long road trips can be a nightmare for traveling adults with young kids. Nap times are off, boredom sets in, cranky children can be aggravating. But remember to put yourself in the child's shoes.
1. Their legs or arms may have fallen asleep.
2. The coloring book is boring and they need attention from their parent.
3. They're tired or need to stretch.
These things may not seem like large problems to an adult, but they are for a child. And it is our responsibility to help them learn to deal with them by staying calm even when they're aren't.
I wanted to share with you a couple of fast and easy ways to make an immediate improvement in your mental health. These are physical ways to calm the anxiety.
• Move a little(stretch, take a walk around the block, do ten jumping jacks, studies show movement impacts mental health almost as effectively as medication and even minimal movement has been shown to make a significant improvement.)
• Breath (Breathe in deeply for 4 seconds, hold it for 4 seconds, release it for 4 seconds - repeat x5)
• Say something kind about yourself - again, out loud. ("I am healthy, strong and whole." )
❤️ Brainstash Inc.