Rewiring your brain, new neural pathways are formed to replace old habits of thinking. This phase is critical, because thoughts lead to emotions, which lead to behavior. To do that:
- Keep a daily journal or meditate.Notice the repeating thoughts, especially the ones that feel heavy and make you anxious.
- Daily, at the end of the day, list 10 things you’re grateful for. Gratitude can quickly shift your internal world.
- Let go of your victim story.Remind yourself that you no longer want to be a victim.
- Choose and test your beliefs daily.
- Believe in something bigger than yourself. Faith in a higher power can be the antidote to two symptoms of burnout — helplessness and hopelessness.