The most vulnerable group should not go out at all for at least 12 weeks. Others in the same household, and carers, can go out provided they observe proper social distancing. The most vulnerable group includes:
- Certain types of cancer patients
- Organ transplant patients
- People with certain genetic diseases
- People with acute respiratory conditions like cystic fibrosis and severe chronic bronchitis
- People receiving specific drug treatments which suppress the immune system
- Pregnant women with heart disease.