- The general election is already being profoundly shaped by the new virus. However, it would be extremely difficult to cancel or postpone the November general election.
- The federal government can impose quarantines, but it is considered a measure of last resort. However, the U.S. government doesn't have the authority to impose a quarantine as sweeping as China.
- Countries respond differently because of politics and history and culture. Places like Hong King are very familiar with serious outbreaks and can quickly put a plan in place to contain the virus, while others are slower to react.
- South Korea, Singapore and China have been more effective than others at bringing the virus under control.
- Around the world, a number of senior officials from Britain to Iran to Australia have contracted the virus.
50 people saved this idea