Ideas from books, articles & podcasts.
Platforms flourish when there is a path for everyone to have upward mobility, achieve financial security, learn & grow:
1. Content types with lower replay value, unlike music and game platforms, where the same content can be experienced ad infinitum.
2. Heterogeneity in user preferences: Platforms can encourage creators and consumers to explore and develop these niches.
3. Recommend content algorithmically with an element of randomness: inject content that dones’t match what users have engaged with before.
4. Facilitate collaboration among creators.
5. Pay $$$ to up-&-coming creators.
6. Decouple revenue from audience demographic
7. Allow creators to capitalize on superfans
8. Create passive income for creators, so they can monetize older content.
9. Offer a form of Universal Creative Income
10. Provide creator education & training
MORE IDEAS FROM THE SAME ARTICLE
A phenomena first observed by Wired magazine editor Chris Anderson in 2004: the internet’s removal of physical limitations would empower niche products and creators to flourish.
But for content platforms, the move to digital content hasn’t been correlated with a burgeoning ...
MORE LIKE THIS
The creator economy is comprised of people who attract an audience to build a business. Thanks to the rise of digital media and tools, such as creator coins, there are several ways to get this done. Give people valuable reasons to know, like, and trust you, over and over, and you...
published 21 ideas
A must read stash on the Creator Economy.
Today's technology-enabled world offers many ways to capitalize on creativity: creators are now earning individually, monetizing their unique skills. People are turning their passion, the things they love to do, into their earning source.
Whether it's podcasting or video content creation...
❤️ Brainstash Inc.