MORE IDEAS FROM Reading Skills: How to Read Efficiently
improve your ability to focus your mind
IMPROVE READING EFFICIENCY,SIMPLE STEPS TO FOLLOW!!
• Highlight important words and passages so that you can find them again quickly.
• Underline unfamiliar words or concepts . Ideally, look them up after reading the text to not interrupt your reading flow.
• Take breaks! If you’ve reached your reading goal.
• Write down open questions /questions you like to discuss in class.
• Revisit any words or concepts you didn’t understand and reread the respective passage with the new knowledge in mind.
• Visualize the main ideas.
One’s inner monologue, also known as subvocalization, is an extremely common trait among readers. It is the process of speaking the words in your head as you read, and it is the biggest obstacle that gets in the way of you being able to increase your reading speed.
If you’re hearing voices in your head when you’re reading, don’t fret. As long as it is your own voice, reading along with you, you’re fine. In fact, this is how teachers teach kids to read – say the words silently in your head as you read.
Do you have a lot of paperwork to get through with a deadline that continues to stalk you around every corner? Do you have a lot of reading to do? Do you simply just want to read at a faster rate, whether it be for your own personal reasons, or for work? So, how to read faster? Here are 10 proven ways to help increase your reading speed.
These are usually long-winded, boring documents that are purely written for academic rather than entertainment value. These are usually found in textbooks, case studies, business reports, financial analysis reports, and many more.
❤️ Brainstash Inc.