Not living in the moment is what brings anxiety and regret to our lives.Unless necessary, put out of your mind what is to come and what has been.Those are often unnecessary to satisfy most of our present needs.
144 people saved this idea
IDEA EXTRACTED FROM:
Stoic Zen; 10 Crucial Life Lessons from Ancient Eastern and Western Philosophy
- Keep Learning and Studying Philosophy
- Be Balanced
- Train Rigorously Against The Stirrings of the Senses
- A Wise Man Is A Good Man
- “As long as you live, keep learning how to live.”
- Everything Is Exactly How It’s Supposed To Be
- Emotions Are Hallucinations; See The World As It Is
- Find What Is In Your Control
- “It is quite impossible to unite happiness with a yearning for what we don’t have. Happines...
- Happiness And Desire Are Incompatible
- “Two elements must be rooted out once and for all:The fear of future sufferin...
- Live In The Moment
- Remember That You Will Die