Deepstash is one of the hottest startups right now. Created by a team of experienced entrepreneurs, Deepstash helps millions of people across the globe to discover life changing ideas. We develop mobile and web apps and work on becoming one of the forces for good in this world.
We are a small team, so:
- Passion for the problem is our fuel. Every day is a struggle, but we keep an eye on the prize. We are passionate about helping people learn and improve themselves and that’s what keeps us going.
- We find a way or a make a way. We have problems to solve and making up excuses doesn’t help us.
- We thrive in uncertainty, as we have more questions than answers. Not problems, but opportunities to learn new things.
Our tech stack is made of:
- Django (Python), PostgreSQL, Amazon Web Services on the back end
- React Native / React + Next.js on the front end
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a self-driven SEO specialist and growth hacker to build our organic search acquisition engine and scale Deepstash's web app.
You will oversee all SEO activities for our web app. You will work with the rest of the team (Content, Product, Growth, Engineering) and maximize conversion rates and the volume of inbound organic traffic from Google (and other search engines) through on-page and off-page techniques as well through creative special projects.
- Develop a web growth model that we can guide our efforts by and come up with your growth strategy based on these proposed goals and forecasts.
- Perform keyword and competitive research based on objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities. We have over 50k ideas and thousands of articles you can work with.
- Work on the base architecture and structure of our website and make sure that we have a launchpad ready for a rocket launch.
- Create the link building strategy and execute on it.
- Work with the rest of the team on new product releases and make sure that everything we release is up-to-spec (SEO-wise).
- Have a good understanding of tools like Google Search Console, Ahrefs, Google Analytics and Amplitude.
- Have a good understanding of the technical aspects of our web app. Having a technical background and getting the inner workings of how the website and code works can definitely help.
- Have at least a basic understanding of ASO (App Store Optimization) in such a way that you can work with relevant teams on growth opportunities and joint-efforts.
- You have good instincts, but you don’t rely on them. You test. And then test again. Data is your daily food and you rely on it to make smarter decisions.
- We are looking for an independent, responsible person. Mainly because there is no time for micro-management. We expect you to be able to carry your own weight and be a reliable partner.
- Over-communicator. Some people may work remotely and it’s up to you to show your work, explain your ideas or highlight problems.
- We want you to be proactive. Words are nice, opinions are cute … but proactivity in action is golden.
- You have a strong business mindset and you're happy to work in a fully English speaking environment.
- Plus: You are using our product :-)
Why the hell would you sign up for something like this?
Seems like a demanding job description, doesn’t it? Why would you do it?
- Because you need a purpose in your life. Because working a 9-5 job, in large team, detached by the effects of your efforts sounds awful to you. Because you want your work to matter!
- Because you understand that assuming responsibility is the only way to grow and develop yourself. Muscles don’t grow while you Netflix and chill on your sofa, but through the pain and sweat in the gym. The same is true for your career and your life.
- Because you will be part of an awesome team of diverse top-performing individuals. And you understand that an entourage of self-driven people is the best gift for your future.
- Because you are intelligent to know to never surrender your opportunity for security. You can always get a cozy secure job, but opportunities to join greatness are far in between.
On the benefits side:
- You can make your own schedule.
- Remote first: we don’t care when and where you work from.
- Market-level salary
- Stock options package
How to apply
Send us an email at hello [at] deepstash [dot] com. If applicable, please provide links to your LinkedIn, GitHub or Angelist profiles. Attach a CV, if you have one.
IN THE MEANTIME, TAKE A LOOK AT OUR APP