Creativity is taking what's already present and connecting them in ways that haven't been done previously.
- Research suggests both creativity and non-creativity are learned. Some people are more primed than others to be creative but nearly every person is born with some level of creativity and majority of creative thinking abilities are trainable.
- "I'm just not the creative type" doesn't truly exist.
- The creative process:
- Gather new material.
- Look at the facts from different angle trying to fit various ideas together.
- Do something totally unrelated that excites & energizes you.
- Let the idea return to you.
- Shape & develop the idea based on feedback.