- Have a vision in mind, and let that steer your decisions. Belfort didn’t get rich by accident.
- Sell Yourself. Belfort acted powerful and wore fancy suits, and people saw him as confident and successful.
- Find A Specialty.
- Adjust And Perfect Your Strategy, Then Keep At It. Belfort came up with a strategy that worked for his target demographic, and he tweaked it until it worked perfectly.
- Train People Well. He was able to train otherwise clueless people to sound like knowledgeable and experienced stock brokers.
- Try, Try Again. Even Belfort managed to bankrupt his own small business before he went to Wall Street.
- Provide A Solution. As Belfort himself explained, “At a certain point, one of the questions I always ask is, ‘What is your greatest headache right now?’” Find out how you can help your customers and then do exactly that.
- Keep Employees Happy.
- Take Your Time if you’re offered a deal and you’re hesitant.
38 people saved this idea