- “Zen” is a shorthand for Zen Buddhism, introduced into China in the 6th century, and emphasizes enlightenment for the student by the most direct possible means.
- Zen is a path to fully awaken to your original nature, which is present at all times.
- The word Zen comes from the Chinese word “chán” and the Sanskrit word “dhyana, ” which means “meditation. ”
- A Zen mind cannot be understood from the perspective of our ordinary, dualistic mind.
- Zen practice may calm our minds, bring more clarity, and infuse us with greater kindness.
88 people saved this idea