Ideas from books, articles & podcasts.
1. Of prime necessity is life: a style should live.
2. Style should be suited to the specific person with whom you wish to communicate. (The law of mutual relation.)
3. First, one must determine precisely “what-and-what do I wish to say and present,” before you may write. Writing must be mimicry.
4. Since the writer lacks many of the speaker’s means, he must in general have for his model a very expressive kind of presentation of necessity, the written copy will appear much paler.
MORE IDEAS FROM THE SAME ARTICLE
5. The richness of life reveals itself through a richness of gestures. One must learn to feel everything — the length and retarding of sentences, interpunctuations, the choice of words, the pausing, the sequence of arguments — like gestures.
created 3 ideas
created 5 ideas
If you want to save time while using writing as your method of communication, there are some great tools that can help you out.
created 10 ideas
❤️ Brainstash Inc.