Repeating anything over and over might not be the best way to master that task. If you practice a slightly different version, you will learn more and faster. For example, if you want to master a new presentation:
- Rehearse the basic skill.
- Wait at least six hours to allow your memory to consolidate.
- Practice again, but speak a little faster.
- Practice next by speaking slower.
- Break your presentation into smaller steps. Master each chunk, then put it back together.
- Change the conditions. It will prepare you better for the unexpected.