- Know your weaknesses. You can’t overcome them until you know them.
- Remove temptations. “Out of sight, out of mind.”
- Set clear goals and have an execution plan.
- Build your self-discipline. We aren’t born with self-discipline -- it’s a learned behavior.
- Create new habits by keeping it simple. Break your goal into small, doable steps.
- Eat often and healthy. Low blood sugar often weakens a person’s resolve, making you grumpy and pessimistic.
- Give yourself a backup plan. Give yourself a plan to deal with a potentially difficult situation you know you will likely face.
- Reward yourself when you accomplish your goals.
- Forgive yourself when you fall short and keep moving forward.
2598 people saved this idea