A lot of students including my past self practice some of the worst study techniques that waste a lot of time and also gives you a false sense of achievement. They keep wailing and looking for time managing strategies and increasing the number of hours they study. These Bad techniques are often used by their peers and even suggested by their teachers and many students never ever realise that the way they are studying is not very competent.
MORE IDEAS FROM Stasher 834124 on Oct 09
5. Taking notes in non-quiz format
Always take notes as if you are testing your future self. Keep it QnA style for easy active recall. Anki and Remnote are Godsent for you.
6. Reading theory and not practicing questions
justjump into the pool. You learn to swim on ur own, stop revising theory again and again. Jump straight to mock exams and practice questions
7. Sticking to syllabus a lot
gettingout of the syllabus keeps stuff interesting and most importantly keeps learning active. Its you who researching for your knowledge, no teacher is smashing content on you, thats the best approach.
1. Going to a lecture cold
learn the concepts, formulas and structure of the material before the class, now without having any train to run after, you can be relaxed and get the most outta it.
2. Rewatching lectures and PPTs
Its a sin. Learn everything at once with full concentration. Atleast try your best to
3. Rereading Books
read it once make flashcards and burn the shit.
It just gives you a false sense of having extracted the important info from the text. When revisit the book you actually recognise the stuff. Its different from recalling.
Learn the stuff from books yourself. You dont need everything being spoonfed by a teacher. That way you'll the grow the most. Go to lectures later or run a step ahead of your Teacher
I wanted to share with you a couple of fast and easy ways to make an immediate improvement in your mental health. These are physical ways to calm the anxiety.
• Move a little(stretch, take a walk around the block, do ten jumping jacks, studies show movement impacts mental health almost as effectively as medication and even minimal movement has been shown to make a significant improvement.)
• Breath (Breathe in deeply for 4 seconds, hold it for 4 seconds, release it for 4 seconds - repeat x5)
• Say something kind about yourself - again, out loud. ("I am healthy, strong and whole." )
❤️ Brainstash Inc.