Ideas from books, articles & podcasts.
9. The Hermès Jypsière: Crossroads of Sporty and Glamorous
- Introduced in 2008 by Creative Director Jean Paul Gaultier
- mix of Hunting bag and Birkin
- Sizes:Jypsiere 28, 31, 34, and 37.
10. The Hermès Herbag: Approachable Bag for Everyone
- largely canvas construction
- also comes in a backpack version
- was discontinued in the mid-2000s and reintroduced in 2009 as the Herbag Zip w/ a few added elements:external pocket,zip pocket & an interior removable pouch
- sizes: Herbag TPM, Herbag Zip 31, Herbag 39, Herbag Cabine 50, and Herbag Zip 52
MORE IDEAS FROM THE SAME ARTICLE
Hermes is known for not using assembly lines. Only 1 craftsperson may work on a handbag at a time, hand-stitching each individual piece. Due to the (1) labor-intensive nature of Hermès production methods and (2)the use of rare materials which includes professionally treated and dyed
The Kelly bag comes in 2 styles: 1)Kelly Sellier and 2)Kelly Retourne. The differences are in the stitching and the edges:the Sellier has visible stitching and a pointy edge, while the Kelly Retourne's stiching is not visible and its edges are soft. A Sellier is more structured and rigid due to t...
“The process of buying an Hermès Birkin bag on the primary market is shrouded in mystery to keep the allure of exclusivity,” says Charles Gorra, founder,CEO of luxury resale site Rebag.
Sandpaper is used to smooth the layers of the stitched leather and then dyed to match the handbag.
Hermes started out as a Paris saddlery established in 1837 by Thierry Hermès. Émile-Maurice, Thierry's grandson and Hermès’s then head of firm changed Hermes's specialty and the course of its history when he added luggage to Hermes's repertoire in 1920 and unveiled Hermes's 1st handbag in 1922.In...
In 1984, in an AirFrance flight from Paris to London actress Jane Birkin, found herself seated next to Jean-Louis Dumas, Executive Chairman of Hermès (1978-2006). After spilling the contents of her bag on the plane floor, Birkin who had given birth to her youngest Lou in 1982 complained that she ...
Birkin then sketched a bag on a sick bag – drawing inspiration from both the 1982 Kelly which she used briefly and her partner Serge Gainsbourg’s suitcase. What came out was a supple and spacious rectangular holdall with a burnished flap and saddle stitching. With a dedicated space for baby bottl...
created 5 ideas
created 9 ideas
❤️ Brainstash Inc.