- Write goals that align with your values. If your career goals aren’t supporting your life goals, you are bound to have a miserable existence.
- Set goals that you can control. Unless every aspect of the goal you set is under your control, you have very little likelihood of ever achieving it.
- Think big. Set your sights higher than most might believe practicable.
- Give yourself time. Start by visualizing where you want to end up in life, then the things you need to get there are pretty easy to plot out.
- Plan for success. Do not ask “What if I fail?” but rather “What if I succeed?”
- Manage your risks. Success will carry some measure of risk. Consider the risks and weigh them against the reward.
177 people saved this idea