- The greater return you want, the more risk you'll usually have to accept.
- Diversify as much as you can to lower your risk exposure, ie, invest in different companies, industries and regions.
- If you're saving over the short term, it's wise not to take too much of a risk. It's recommended you invest for at least five years.
- Review your portfolio. A share might be a dud or you might not be willing to take as many risks as you did before.
- Don't panic. Investments can go down as well as up. Don't be tempted to sell or buy shares just because everyone else is.
97 people saved this idea