- Learn New Languages. Before visiting a country where English isn't the primary language, learn the basics. Practise by talking with actual native speakers.
- Explore Cultural Differences. Different cultures prefer different types of cuisine, manners, and social expectations.
- Discover Cultural Similarities. Break down barriers by finding shared interests, habits, and values.
- Unearth History. By exploring other parts of the world you'll play the part of an adventurer and discover new artifacts of knowledge.
- Gain Independence. The most well-planned traveler will see his or her plans fall awry. Traveling teaches everyone how to improvise.
21 people saved this idea