- There are worries about its replicability and unreliable self-reports.
- Promoting material achievement as part of happiness can make well-being seem out of reach.
- Positive psychology gives the impression you can be happy by thinking the right thoughts.
- At its core, positive psychology promotes the idea that we can achieve well-being by our own efforts, not considering physical illness and undeserved tragedy.
- Positive psychology has become a commodity and has been cheapened by the thousands of coaches, consultants, and therapists who benefit from using wild claims for their lucrative products.
54 people saved this idea