Ideas from books, articles & podcasts.
Spirituality represents a healthy respect for an uncertain reality; looking at an unknown future without making any assumptions; an open mind willing to entertain the absurd.
It lets you be yourself, knowing that there is something bigger than yourself to be discovered.
published ideas from this article:
MORE IDEAS FROM THE SAME ARTICLE
Religious or scientific dogma is trying to use today's information to understand tomorrow's unknown, knowing that today's information may prove to be wrong.
At this point, the knowledge we use to assert the laws of physics is based on only 5% of the universe. The remaining 95% is unknown...
There are limitations to what the human mind can understand. The mysteries of the Universe and our conscious experience are too complex to be restricted to words and formulas.
We mostly operate on faith and habit in ways that aren’t obvious.
In a world where we can have complete information about everything, reason can give us certain answers. However, the world we are living in is not even close to having all the answers. In this world, words are fallible. So is perception and imagination.
Reason is then more of a guide tha...
The term spirituality has one of two connotations: One is a classic religious one; the other is inspired by New Age Culture. Both categories embody spirituality better than cold, hard reason.
In a broad sense, both categories seem to move away from a world of science and reaso...
MORE LIKE THIS
The philosophy of the Scottish philosopher David Hume wasn't just about being disagreeable. He was skeptical and doubtful on authority, and on himself too.
He could highlight flaws on both sides of the argument, his side and the opponent's side. His balanced and practical intellect made him...
published 5 ideas
Humans, by nature, are rationally weak but passionately motivated. Emotions are always stronger and drive action, and reasoning is often used as an excuse for inaction.
Neuroscience is now revisiting emotions as drivers of action, reducing them to mere tools. The complexi...
published 2 ideas
❤️ Brainstash Inc.