There is no certification required to call yourself a nutritionist.
- A registered dietician requires a bachelor's degree at an accredited university. A licensed dietitian will have RD, RDN, LD, LDN, or CDN after their name, depending on the state they live in.
- Holistic nutritionists do a six-month training course.
- Functional-nutrition practitioners do and 80-hour training course.
- Intuitive health coaches do a 200-hour training course
- Some well-educated experts have not followed the typical career pathway.