The rate at which knowledge is becoming outdated is predictable and growing exponentially.For example:
- Two surgeons found that half of the facts in surgery become false every 45 years.
- In the 1980s, bacon, butter, and eggs were three of the worst foods you could eat for your heart. Now, many argue they are healthy.
- Artificial intelligence, app development, social media management, YouTube content creation, and online course creation barely existed fifteen years ago.
- Entrepreneurship classes taught to spend hundreds of hours creating in-depth, heavily researched business plans. Now, they are taught NOT to do business plans, but to focus on talking to customers and using lean startup principles.
- We forget nearly everything we are exposed to over time without reinforcement.