How Stress Can Cause Weight Gain
Unhealthy habits caused by stress
- Emotional eating: Excess nervous energy can cause you to eat more than necessary.
- Eating "accessible" or fast food: When stressed, we often eat what is readily available, which is often unhealthy options—for example, eating fast-food instead of cooking a balanced meal.
- Exercising less: With too much stress, exercise is often the last thing on your list to do.
- Skipping meals: With too much on your plate, you may find yourself skipping meals.
- Sleeping less: Many people are unable to sleep well when they're stressed. Sleep deprivation is linked to a slower metabolism and can also reduce willpower.
EXPLORE MORE AROUND THESE TOPICS: