- Minimize risks by selling your startup in the early stages, giving up upside for a smaller but guaranteed payoff. Unfortunately, big companies tend to be risk-averse, so it is easier to sell an established startup than an early-stage one.
- Selling allows you to diversify away from the volatility of the startup.
- Being profitableis the best way to make your company worthy of buying.
- A great motivator for a big company to buy a startup is their competition trying to do the same.
- The user countis one of the best measures of a company. This tells the buyers if the company is focused on quickly creating a desirable product or just on solving a technical problem.
57 people saved this idea
IDEA EXTRACTED FROM:
How to Make Wealth
- What Is A Startup
- The Difference Between Wealth And Money
- On The Creation Of Wealth
- Individual Power In The Creation Of Wealth
- To get rich...
- Technology As Leverage
- The Role Of Big Companies In Technology Development
- How To Choose A Technology To Develop
- The Issues With Running Startups
- Tips On Selling A Startup
- Wealth and Power
- Observations On Startups