- Be a good listener. Try to determine what the desire of the group or individuals are.
- Practice empathy. Empathy allows you to get past surface issues and to discover what is going on.
- Embrace concepts of healing. The servant leader recognizes the brokenness of people and looks for ways to make broken people well.
- Be aware of the obvious and the subtle, both in your own life and in other’s lives.
- Be persuasive. Use the power of persuasion to help people choose the right path as needed instead of demanding the path.
- Be able to conceptualize. Servant leaders are big-picture thinkers, thinking of what their team needs to do to accomplish everything, not just the one thing in front of them.
- Be a good steward. A steward is someone who holds onto something and keeps it in good condition for others who need it down the road.
- Love the community.
107 people saved this idea