- We consciously disapprove of what the monster is doing, but deep down part of us enjoys seeing the mayhem the monster unleashes.
- We enjoy rooting for the protagonistsas they battle the monster.
- We might not endorse the monster’s actions, but we may find it captivating.
- Findind the nature of the monster - its powers, its weaknesses, where it came from - is a process of discovery that we enjoy.
- The thrill that fear offers, particularly for “sensation seekers" - especially in a context where there’s no real threat to us.
- It contains symbolic representations of real fears.
5 people saved this idea