The hundredth monkey effect is a hypothetical phenomenon in which a new behavior or idea is spread rapidly by unexplained means from one group to all related groups.
(The idea that once a critical number of members copy a behavior or follow an idea, it will be taken on by all en-masse, automatically.)
MORE IDEAS ON THIS
One day an 18 months old girl named 'Imo' (one of the daughters in Koshima island's tribe) observed the eating habits of monkeys. Those monkeys were eating sweet potatoes not so comfortably, because the sand and grit sticked to them. By observing this she discovered an idea of washing them and ea...
By observing the tribe the monkeys also followed the same type of eating habit. After this 99% of monkeys in the island developed this habit, in a very less time seeing this the 100th monkeys (remaining 1% of monkeys) also started the same because everyone is doing.
This type of phenomenon...
The phenomenon observed by Ken Keyes jr was not accepted.
Unfortunately, this story and it’s papers have been refuted and discredited as unreliable evidence.
But this phenomenon lives on and it used in many ways.
This phenomenon is used largely by marketing teams and they are successful in applying this.
For example if you saw your neighbours and friends using some products or doing some stuff you too wish the same or when you gone for a super market and saw a product you remember a TV commercial b...
During 1952 and 1953 the primatologists began “provisioning” the troops providing them with such foods as sweet potatoes and wheat. The food was left in open areas, often on beaches. As a result of this new economy, the monkeys eated them and developed several innovative forms of behavior.
18 | A start-up guy, Content creator, soloprenuer and a podcaster. Building Blast, Snakcards and more. Stashing about entrepreneurship, self-help, spirituality and the most interesting stuff I read.
More like this
The idea behind chunking is to group underlying items by some sort of meaning or structure. For example, RTCTAIILFSO is easier remembered when it is regrouped to FRAC-TO-LIS-TIC.
Explore the World’s
Take Your Ideas
Just press play and we take care of the words.
No Internet access? No problem. Within the mobile app, all your ideas are available, even when offline.
2 Million Stashers
This app is LOADED with RELEVANT, HELPFUL, AND EDUCATIONAL material. It is creatively intellectual, yet minimal enough to not overstimulate and create a learning block. I am exceptionally impressed with this app!
Best app ever! You heard it right. This app has helped me get back on my quest to get things done while equipping myself with knowledge everyday.
Great interesting short snippets of informative articles. Highly recommended to anyone who loves information and lacks patience.
Don’t look further if you love learning new things. A refreshing concept that provides quick ideas for busy thought leaders.
Great for quick bits of information and interesting ideas around whatever topics you are interested in. Visually, it looks great as well.
Even five minutes a day will improve your thinking. I've come across new ideas and learnt to improve existing ways to become more motivated, confident and happier.
Brilliant. It feels fresh and encouraging. So many interesting pieces of information that are just enough to absorb and apply. So happy I found this.
I have only been using it for a few days now, but I have found answers to questions I had never consciously formulated, or to problems I face everyday at work or at home. I wish I had found this earlier, highly recommended!
Read & Learn
Access to 200,000+ ideas
Access to the mobile app
Unlimited idea saving & library
Unlimited listening to ideas
Downloading & offline access
Supercharge your mind with one idea per day
Enter your email and spend 1 minute every day to learn something new.
I agree to receive email updates