Keep track of how many days in a row you’ve successfully followed your habit.As your chain gets longer and longer, you become increasingly committed to the habit.
- Maintains habits over a longer timeframe than a 30-day trial.
- Better for things you already do (or are easy to do).
- The longer your chain, the more serious your commitment.
- Accidental slip-ups or situations where your habit becomes impossible can collapse your motivation.
- Many habits don’t work on an easy daily or weekly interval.