- When you buy fixed income security, you are really lending money to the bond issuer in exchange for interest income.
- You can buy certificates of deposit or money markets, or invest in corporate bonds, tax-free municipal bonds, and U.S. savings bonds.
- They are purchased through a brokerage account.
- Selecting your broker will require you to choose between either a discount or a full-service model.
- You can work with a registered investment advisor or asset management company that operates on a fiduciary basis.
141 people saved this idea