There is no real reason any software should cost anything in particular.
- Competition will frame you. So at least try to be the Cadillac of your space.
- Try to double your pricing on the high end. Learn from it.
- If you don’t have direct competition yet — create a Comp a few value layers up the App Stack.
- Be more enterprise. Embrace security audits, SecOps, disaster recovery, penetration testing, etc.
- Redefine your comp. Ask your existing customers how you can solve an even bigger problem.
- Charge more for higher editions.
- Don't let existing budgets define you.