🔥 1 DAY STREAK
Visionary and Writer at Tavian’s Blog. Writing to inspire creators, and encourage others to be their best selves.
Apr 15, 2021
118 Stashed Ideas
When you put out content, it is important to identify which ones drive more traffic. By doing this, you can start identifying the niches people like, and what content you should produce more of.
For someone who has big goals, which I hope you do. It can be easy to experience self-doubt because the goals seem unattainable.
However, your goals are not the problem, they are actually great. But when you seem to not be making progress, do not doubt yourself.
Instead, be compassionate to yourself as you would others.
We are only human and all make mistakes along the way.
There are many digital investing services out there that will assists you in investing if you are a newbie. Before, there was a high barrier to entry for investing. But now, a website and digital assistant can guide you through the process.
Do a quick search on Robo investing to learn more.
When asking for a favour you are putting someone out of their way. Remember that asking for a favour is like selling someone a pitch to buy.
You must be empathetic and seek to add value to them too. Here's why:
1. You can talk on their terms and what they can do. This way it becomes more relational.
2. As you listen to the other person you can adapt what you are asking for to better suit them.
It is important to gather a rich pool of raw material. This can only be done by reading extensively and constantly feeding your brain with new ideas.
Are you someone who constantly runs out of ideas? Ask yourself how often you are filling yourself with new knowledge.
Do not be so focused on your learning style. Studies show that learning styles have very little effect on our ability to consume information.
The myth is still very prevalent today, but it is less about how we learn and more about what we are learning.
The key is to interact with the information using multiple sources. Use books, videos, podcast and blogs to consume information.
Whilst at work, take notice of your breathing every 10-15 minutes. If you are breathing and your shoulders are rising, you are breathing sharply and are under stress. This reduces your stamina.
Try breathing into your stomach to allow for a good intake of oxygen and increased stamina.
Knowing yourself can be hard for many people. It is vague and we are not quite sure how to start on the journey. Here is a simple way you can start.
We learn more about ourselves when we place ourselves in unfamiliar situations. So, put yourself in a situation you would not normally be in and take a notepad and pen to jot down what you learned.
It could be going on a solo holiday or eating out alone.
1. You do not need to buy anything. You can practice mindfulness anywhere that is comfortable for you.
2. The goal is not to quiet your mind. Your brain is the most active thing in your body, it can not be quiet.
3. Your mind will wander. It is natural for our brains to wander and that is okay. It is having the self-control to bring it back to focus on the present.
4. Do not let your brain judge you for being distracted.
5. Remember, it is all about returning your attention.