Bob Bowman, the renowned swimming coach of Michael Phelps states five defining characteristics of champions:
1. Champion has a clear plan for success and for achieving goals.
2. Champions welcome challenges as a means to learn and grow. Becoming a champion is a lot about going through ups and downs.
3. Champions produce normal and predictable performances in very abnormal and unpredictable environments.
4. Champions rehearse success on a daily basis. (Process is more important than results).
5. Champions have a dream. That's how this all starts! Dream ignites a creative process.
One thing that separates Michael from other swimmers is that if they don't feel good, they don't swim good. That's not the way it is for Michael.
One approach to distinguish yourself is to rehearse your actions in the most unusual situations. Because you've already done the task in situations where others couldn't have expected to begin, this can make a huge difference in your mental power and endurance for the game day.
Thanks for reading!
Share this if you found it useful.
❤️ Brainstash Inc.