MORE IDEAS FROM THEARTICLE
Time blocking your schedule
• Know your high-level priorities and goals.
• Start creating blocks for your time outside of work (morning routines, time with family/friends etc.)
• Schedule your most meaningful work for when your energy and attention naturally peak.
• Add blocks for reactive tasks each day (emails, calls, meetings).
• Write down your daily to-do list (for work, home, and family/social) and fill it in.
Scheduling of work falls into two broad categories: Makers and Managers. Most of us are either managing people and projects or making something, like documents, apps or other creative things that require sustained focus.
Our attempt to balance our managing time with our making time is the fight for our focus, and creates the core problem that overwhelms most of us.
It's the practice of planning out every moment of your day in advance and dedicating specific time “blocks” for certain tasks and responsibilities.
When you fill your calendar with the tasks and things you want to do, it’s harder for others to steal your time.
❤️ Brainstash Inc.