- Acknowledge how you cope with regret: ignoring it makes it more present
- Stop the regrets spiral, until you are ready to face the situation with more clarity
- Revisit the story and identify practical lessons you can learn from it
- Treat yourself like your ideal mentor would
- Ask yourself why you feel regret and work backward to identify the values that are tied up in your feelings
- The cure for anticipating regret isn’t feeling lousy or overthinking, but pursuing solutions, using the wisdom gained through self-reflection.
224 people saved this idea