- Trying to avoid negative emotions just to appear youthful or thin or even eternally positive can eventually have a psychological cost.
- Other people can detect a fake smile.Try to make your smile real for yourself.
- A smirky smilewhen you’ve beaten others in a contest will not help you win friends and influence people.
- Some smiles are associated with discomfort or uncertainty about what to do in a difficult situation. “grin and bear it”
- In some parts of the world, smiling can be judged as suspicious, shallow, naive, or a sign of dishonesty.
- Smiling can come across as submissive in certain situations.
50 people saved this idea