- Get the big picture. Scan articles etc. to get an idea of what the field is about.
- Determine scope. Limit the size of what you want to learn. “Physics” or “philosophy” is too wide and will take decades. “Classical mechanics”, while still wide, might be a bit easier.
- Define success. Make a clear goal for your learning.
- Find resources
- Create a learning planfrom what you have learned in you previous steps.
- Filter resources. Narrow down your resource list (Step 4) to the most important essentials.
453 people saved this idea