- Use punchy one-liners, like: That begs the question. That is beside the point. You’re being defensive. Don’t compare apples and oranges.
- Ridicule and humiliate your opponent. This can be very effective in front of an audience.
- Deliberately provoke your adversary until they lose their temper and so the argument.
- Throw in diversions that deflect the other person from their main point.
- Exaggerate your opponent’s position and then show how ridiculous and unreasonable the exaggerated position is.
- Vigorously denounce each of your opponent’s arguments as fallacious but just select one or two that you can defeat to prove the point. Then assume that you have won.
156 people saved this idea