Putting a community together doesn’t automatically make money. Unless you have a plan in place for who you want in the community and how to delineate between free and paid content, you are not likely to find it worthwhile as a creator.
MORE IDEAS FROM THEARTICLE
The value that community members derive from CaaS can be broken down into several categories:
1. Learning from the content creator: the direct transfer of knowledge and skills from the creator of the community to the audience.
2. Learning from the community: the opportunity to interact with like-minded people and exchange ideas in a peer-to-peer network.
3. Building your network: providing valuable content to other community members with the goal of building your own community-as-a-service.
Relying on a single platform and its unpredictable algorithm. Any platform can lose its popularity, stifle your content, or even close your account with no notice or warning. Diversifying across platforms has proven to be a prudent move for many content creators.
Still, there is another bold step beyond diversification: decentralization. Being able to export your community and shift it across platforms, perhaps using blockchain-like technology, has been proposed as a long-term solution to platform risk.
Community-as-a-Service is the phenomenon where access to a group of people is valuable enough that it can be considered a marketable product.
Every community-as-a-service comprises two elements:
• A founder (or founders) who creates original content that a community can gather around.
• The community members who come for the original content, but stay for several reasons.
Content creators are unofficial leaders of communities. They provide value in two ways:
1. By sharing their knowledge and experience.
2. By enabling and stimulating peer-to-peer sharing within the group.
Today's technology-enabled world offers many ways to capitalize on creativity: creators are now earning individually, monetizing their unique skills. People are turning their passion, the things they love to do, into their earning source.
Whether it's podcasting or video content creation, teaching or writing, individuals are changing the definition of a 'job'.
It can come from anything: a unique personal experience, witnessing a problem and seeing the possibility for a better solution, even walking down the street.
Everyone harbors inner creativity, but the question is: How do I nurture that inspiration and take the next step?
Repurposing is “the process by which an object with one use value is transformed or redeployed as an object with an alternative use value.”
❤️ Brainstash Inc.