- Fixing things is empowering. Our confidence increases or decreases based on our ability to make progress.
- Any progress builds momentum (and your mood): No matter how small the task is, crossing it off your to-do list gives you a boost of momentum and enhances your mood.
- Small steps turn into habits: When a task is easy to do and quickly completed, it’s much easier to turn it into a habit.
259 people saved this idea
IDEA EXTRACTED FROM:
How the 2-minute rule can help you save hours a week
- Getting Things Done: the basics
- The 2-minute rule
- Fixing small tasks
- “Once you’ve started doing the right thing, it is much easier to continue doing it.”
- The hard thing about small tasks
- “The more you look into the most productive people, the more you realize they don’t just work ...
- For more mental space and focus