- Do it in another location. It may be what you need to shock you into action.
- Bribe yourself. Having something to look forward to can make unpleasant tasks more bearable.
- Acknowledge your fear of failure. Doing so makes taking the first steps of the task easier.
- Commit to doing at least 5 minutes of it. Momentum may drive you to keep working. It's also easier to do things if you know you can bail after a few minutes.
- Document your process.It keeps your mind occupied while you complete it and you can use the notes to outsource the task.
28 people saved this idea