- Invest in Shoes and Gear. Visit a specialty running store to get fitted for the best shoes for you and check out gear such as running shorts, tops, or tights made of wicking fibers.
- Stay Safe. Do a warmup before you start, like a walk or an easy jog for 5 min.
- Follow running safety advice, such as going against traffic when running on roads. Always carry some form of identification with you.
- Use the Run/Walk Method. Start with running for one minute, then walk for one minute. Try to increase the running intervals over time.
- Make It Manageable. Keep a conversational pace during each workout. If you can't speak in a full sentence, slow down. Breathe through your nose to get enough oxygen.
184 people saved this idea