- Repeatedly remind your team that they’re part of a learning organization to make them focus on learning.
- Remind your people that you are all operating within complex systems, thus failures can be unpredictable.
- Failure is a normal part of the functioning of complex systems.
- Seek to understand what goes wrong and what goes right, to make more resilient systems.
- Look for the conditions that allowed a particular situation to manifest, and accept that not all of them are knowable or fixable.
- Human errors are a symptom of trouble within the system, not the cause.
- Educate everyone on cognitive biases and keep an eye out for them.
74 people saved this idea