At the individual level
- Recognize that mid-career dissatisfaction is a normal and temporary stage.
- There is hope at the end of the tunnel.
- It is OK to feel regret from unmet aspirations.
At the company level
- HR could create mid-career mentoring programs where those in a mid-career low can learn from their older colleagues who already went through it.
- Corporate culture can openly address mid-career discontent. To support employees in this process, they can help them explore new opportunities in the firm.