Ideas from books, articles & podcasts.
The agile family philosophy accepts and embraces the ever-changing nature of family life. It anticipates that even the best-designed system will need to be re-engineered half-way.
Parents often think they have to create a few overarching rules and stick to them. This philosophy presumes we can anticipate every problem that will arise and always parent in the same way. We can't.
MORE IDEAS FROM THE SAME ARTICLE
In an agile system, ideas flow from the top down and from the bottom up. The centerpiece is the weekly meeting built around shared decision making, open communication, and adaptability. In the home, everyone gathers around the table, and then you ask three questions:
With agile practices, enlist the children whenever possible in their own upbringing. When children plan their own time, evaluate their own work, and participate in their own rewards and punishment, they exert greater cognitive control over their lives and become more internally motivated....
One of the instincts we have as parents is to try and fix everything. However, members of effective teams spend as much time talking to one another as to the leader and speak in equal measure.
In the family meeting, the kids are allowed to say whatever they want and express their frustra...
MORE LIKE THIS
Families who dine at home together are happier and healthier, but work, school, sports practices and other obligations all seem to get in the way.
Whether your family mealtime happens every night or only once a week, in the morning before school or late-night for just dessert, it's import...
Parents and their children aren't 100% attuned towards each other and that is a normal phenomenon. A study showed that even a healthy and securely attached family, the parents and their children, were only in sync 30% of the time. The remaining 70% shows that there were miscommunications and ...
published 4 ideas
❤️ Brainstash Inc.