The Only Thing You Need To Be Happy
This is a professional note extracted from an online article.
Read more efficiently
Save what inspires you
SIMILAR ARTICLES & IDEAS:
It's our false belief that once we make it, once we attain our goal or reach our destination, we will reach lasting happiness.
It’s the strong belief that when you accomplish something...
It becomes dangerous when you focus on attaining them for your happiness in life.
Goal attainment is, at most, equally, if not less important than the progress towards the goal.
Achieving a goal usually reveals another, even more, challenging goal. This may bring in much more work because the pursuit of goals never ends.
3 more ideas
It doesn't work like a check-list: You can't check each item off, get to be happy and old for a couple of decades, then you die. Problems don’t go away, they change and evolve. And acce...
Blaming the world for your problems is the easy way out.
It gives you short-term relief, you lie in your imagined victimhood, but ultimately it implies that you are incapable of controlling your own fate.
"You can only fix your own imperfections and not the imperfections of others. So you may as well get to work on them."
2 more ideas
Is the ability to not want more. Is expressing gratitude and satisfaction for the present moment, instead of yearning for some future indicator of success.
1. Each night, say one thing you are grateful for.
2. Write a Thank You note to someone this week.
3. Take 30 seconds to breathe, the easiest way to be grateful for your own existence.
4. Do nothing for 2 minutes: you can make time for yourself and enjoy your own presence without consuming something.
5. Call a friend that you haven’t talked to in a while.