A knock on the head isn’t the only way to “impair” our brains. Brain damage can be caused by anything that physically changes our brains in a way that makes us less intelligent or functional. Like a lot of self-learning: news or superficial articles that confirm our biases.
17 people saved this idea
IDEA EXTRACTED FROM:
Most People Think This Is A Smart Habit, But It's Actually Brain-Damaging
- Bad learning = brain damage
- Our 🧠 physically changes when we learn
- Assuming that all learning is inherently good
- How Learning Works
- Junk learning is like a disease
- “The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who...
- When it comes to knowledge, think like an investor
- Dunning - Kruger Effect
- Confirmation Bias is not Learning
- Assimilate or Accommodate
- The Halo Effect
- Over-specialization can limit us